LaserTable-Base™ is the latest addition to TMC's STACIS® iX line of piezoelectric active vibration cancellation systems. Typically, optical tables are supported by low-frequency pneumatic vibration isolation systems. Though very effective at isolating high frequencies, these passive systems actually amplify vibration in the critical 1 to 3 Hz range.
TMC's STACIS technology overcomes these limitations through proprietary technology which incorporates piezoelectric actuators and inertial vibration sensors to cancel, not amplify, very low frequency vibration. LaserTable-Base combines these two technologies, air and STACIS®, into one integrated cancellation system. The result is vibration cancellation at very low frequencies and unprecedented levels of high frequency isolation due to the combined effect of two isolation systems in series.
The STACIS iX family improves upon the original STACIS technology by the addition of extended travel piezoelectric actuators (to accommodate even the worst floors) and a design that uses fewer actuators, significantly lowering total cost.
The upper, pneumatic portion of LaserTable-Base is modular and interchangeable. It can incorporate TMC's Gimbal Piston® Air Isolators, MaxDamp® Air Isolators, or even rigid, non-isolating supports, depending on the application requirement.
- Incorporates patented STACIS® technology
- Active inertial vibration cancellation system
- Vibration cancellation starts below 1 Hz
- Extended stroke piezoelectric actuators, up to 60 microns.
- 6 active degrees-of-freedom
- Consists of two isolation systems in series for maximum vibration isolation
- Incorporates patented MaxDamp® Air Isolators
- Simple, robust and cost-effective
- Optional shelves for mounting equipment under the table
- Includes TMC's DC-2020 Digital Controller
Datasheet ( PDF - 1.5 Meg)