For larger, floor-mounted instruments, TMC manufactures low-profile 65 Series Floor Platform isolation systems. They effectively isolate instruments weighing a few hundred to 15,000 pounds (7000 kg), and do so without the compromises in stability normally encountered when isolating instruments with high centers of gravity. Ergonomic design considerations include raising equipment a minimum amount, and kneewell cutouts.
TMC has developed more than 100 standard platform isolators suited for a wide variety of sensitive instruments. This means that we have actually built, tested and installed isolators that accommodate the following:
- Old and new models of practically every electron microscope SEMs and TEMs commonly sold in the US
- A variety of mass spectrometers
- NMR spectrometers requiring a nonferrous support structure
- Cabinet-mounted versions of various coordinate measuring and microscope inspection systems
- A variety of other freestanding instruments, sensitive processing systems, precision vacuum deposition systems, etc.
TMC builds many different platform designs. Each is designed to match the equipment footprint or specific structural requirements, so users may consider each as a specifically engineered solution.
However, since many platforms differ by just a few inches in size and shape, TMC stocks a 38" x 40" (975 x 1000 mm) platform to facilitate fast delivery and low cost. This platform may be substituted for a custom engineered platform for many tools with minimal impact.
Floor Platforms from TMC (PDF file - 2.2Meg)