The heart of the system is a diode pumped solid state (DPSS) master oscillator placed in a sealed monolithic block, producing high repetition rate pulse trains (87 MHz) with a low single pulse energy of several nJ. Diode pumped amplifiers are used for amplification of the pulse to 30 mJ or up to 40 mJ output. The high‑gain regenerative amplifier has an amplification factor in the proximity of 10⁶. After the regenerative amplifier, the pulse is directed to a multipass power amplifier that is optimized for efficient stored energy extraction from the Nd:YAG rod, while maintaining a near Gaussian beam profile and low wavefront distortion. The output pulse energy can be adjusted in approximately 1% steps, while pulse‑to-pulse energy stability remains at less than 0.5% rms at 1064 nm.
Angle-tuned KD*P and KDP crystals mounted in thermostabilised ovens are used for second, third, and fourth harmonic generation. Harmonic separators ensure the high spectral purity of each harmonic guided to different output ports.
Built-in energy monitors continuously monitor output pulse energy. Data from the energy monitor can be seen on the remote keypad or on a PC monitor. The laser provides triggering pulses for the synchronisation of your equipment. The lead of the triggering pulse can be up to 500 ns and is user adjustable in ~0.25 ns steps from a personal computer. Up to 1000 μs lead of triggering pulse is available as a pretrigger feature. Precise pulse energy control, excellent short-term and long-term stability, and a 50 Hz repetition rate makes PL2230 series lasers an excellent choice for many demanding scientific applications.
SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT LASER CONTROL
For customer convenience the laser can be operated from master device or personal computer through USB (VCP, ASCII commands), RS232 (ASCII commands), LAN (REST API) or RS232 (ASCII commands), LAN (REST API) depending on the system configuration or from remote control pad with backlit display that is easy to read even while wearing laser safety glasses.
- Diode pumped power amplifier producing up to 40 mJ per pulse at 1064 nm
- Beam profile improvement using advanced beam shaping system
- Hermetically sealed DPSS master oscillator
- Diode pumped regenerative amplifier
- <30 ps pulse duration
- Excellent pulse duration stability
- Up to 100 Hz repetition rate
- Streak camera triggering pulse with <10 ps jitter
- Excellent beam pointing stability
- Thermo stabilized second, third or fourth harmonic generator options
- PC control
- Remote control via keypad
- Time resolved fluorescence (including streak camera measurements)
- SFG/SHG spectroscopy
- Nonlinear spectroscopy
- Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy
- OPG pumping
- Remote laser sensing
- Satellite ranging
- Other spectroscopic and nonlinear optics applications